Water damage or water flooding can result from a variety of sources. There could be really bad weather or there could be a broken pipeline. In some cases, even a cracked foundation will result in water damage. The first thing to do when there is damage is to make sure that the source of water is shut off. If it was something as simple as a faucet, you can obviously do it yourself. If it is more complicated like when a hidden pipeline is broken, your best bet would be to shut off the entire water supply to your house just to be on the safer side. Once you are sure that the water supply is stopped, call a fire and water restoration company to carry out the water damage restoration in your house. Unless the damage was very minimal, it would be un-advisable for you to carry on the water damage cleanup process on your own, for the reasons mentioned below. Why you shouldn't attempt water damage restoration on your own?
- Depending on the water source, your damage restoration process will require decontamination in addition to water extraction and drying. For decontamination, various EPA approved chemicals will need to be used. This might be difficult to research on your own as various materials require different cleaning and decontaminating agents.
- You might not have the necessary fire power in terms of equipment when it comes to carrying out a large water cleanup. A professional fire and water restoration company will have several commercial grade or heavy duty pieces of equipment such as dehumidifiers and blowers. They will also have water extraction units; moisture meters and other tools that will help them perform the damage cleanup in an efficient manner.
- You will also lack the expertise and knowledge about things that are related to a water damage cleanup. For example, you might not know how many dehumidifiers will be required to dry out a certain space or you might not know how fast the water will need to be pumped out of a space. Really fast extraction of water from a room flooded with a lot of water might result in the caving in of the room's walls which is definitely something you do not want.
- Where there is water damage, a fire and water restoration company will often look at the larger picture in the house to see what caused the damage in the first place. If they see any potential problem areas in your house, they will let you know about it and it will help you avoid problems in the future. A professional restoration company will also be able to assist you with mold related problems that usually occur when there is water damage.
- Last but not the least; it will be a struggle for you to fill out the insurance forms in the right way. A professional water damage repair company will be able to assist you with that process and help you receive a fair amount from the insurance company that will cover all your restoration expenses.
Basement Flooding We are the experts 24/7 Emergency Service Free Estimates New Jersey Fire And Water Restoration * Fire Damage * Flood Damage * Toxic Mold * Crime Scene Cleanup * Leaky Basements * Emergency Power * Smoke Damage * Odor Removal * Insurance Claims Help. We are here to help call us anytime 24/7 Fast Response 201-374-1888 Basement Water Proofing
Fire & Water Restoration New Jersey 201-374-2020 111 Washington Ave. Suite 110 Dumont, NJ. 07628